Monday, July 11, 2011

Droids, Mr Rico!

Dozens of them!

Those are the droids I was looking for... all 72 of them! I've organised them into two 'platoons', each with a command/heavy weapon droid, a squad of assault/crab droids, and three squads of battle-droids.


Here's another view of them.





As you can see some of them are still a little bent over from their journey in the droid carrier (aka parcel box).

In this last picture you can see the colour code system I've used to keep track of which figure is from which squad - I've tagged one 'platoon' with red and pinks, and the other one with green and blues.

I don't think I will be free to give them a run soon, but at least now I have a ready opponent for my Space Marines.




4 comments:

Dan said...

great looking force Arjun, you should do the bases though.

captain arjun said...

Dang. I was hoping no one will notice...

I guess I'll get round to it if they look like they will see frequent action; otherwise the effort of doing 72 bases may cancel the time gained in buying them prepainted...

Dan said...

Not really, a quick once over with a suitable brown, a coat of watered down white glue and some static grass, done, pretty quick really.

captain arjun said...

I'm still not sure what terrain type to base them on. It might be grey as with my Marines, or desert as with my mat.