Sunday, November 13, 2011

Updates

Four of my gaming buddies are teachers, so campaign season follows the school holidays - and December is the long school break.


Thomas sent me a photo of his Blood Angels today; it just so happens that I took a photo of all my painted Space Marines this afternoon too.



  

In the meantime Adrian has been making steady progress on his Ultramarines. If everything goes according to plan, we should be playing our first game of 40K this year.

Also, Rick the Flag Dude sent me free flags to replace the ones he sent me earlier when he found out that the shade of blue on the first batch didn't match that of the Maverick Models ones. Thanks once again, Rick.


I also took a shot of all my dwarves (minus the female ones which I forgot...). I've been toying with the idea of getting some movement trays and then using them for maybe Impetus type of rules, but with 8 foot figures and 4 mounted to a tray I will only have enough for 7 or 8 units per side - not quite the stuff of big battles, eh?




Meanwhile, I am procrastinating on restarting my work on the Perry WOTRs and have instead started painting the female sci-fi figures I bought earlier; they can form a Scout Squad for my Space Marines force since I need another Troop option to make my force legal.


This weekend also see my taking advantage of Maelstrom Games' 25% discount on their Bane Legion range. Most of their beasts are too disturbing for me, but their beastman standard bearer seems to fit well with the look of the Avatars of War beastman warchief, which I have been eyeing for a long time now - I bought both. Maybe they will form the cadre of an eventual beastmen army (those Reaper beastmen look good too, don't they?) or I may never get round to forming a full beastmen army, but you never know...

No comments: