Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Making a list...

With the new year thoughts turn to new purchases, even as my pile of unpainted lead, resin and plastic glare accusingly at me as I type this...

Unfortunately, the few items that I wish to purchase are not yet available.

First on the list are Perry plastic mounted men-at-arms, previously thought to be scheduled for a Christmas 2011 release, but now known to be stuck in the queue waiting for Renedra to give it a slot in its production schedule. I sorely need the box set to renew my impetus in mt WOTR project.

Next comes the forces of the Ottoman Empire in Spartan Games' Dystopian Wars universe. wahj suggested the possibility of a VSF aeronef game using the Dystopian Wars models, and with my recent trip to Istanbul still fresh in my memory, I thought: why not the Turks for me?

Sadly, the release date for the second wave in this line is yet unknown.

Meanwhile, I await the release of three computer games. Mind you, I seldom find a game that hits all the right spots for me, and those that do I keep going back to despite their age (or would if I could find a copy). My all-time favourite games are Star Legions, Transport Tycoon, Master of Orion II, and more recently Blood Bowl, Crusader Kings, and Anno 1404.

Now PC games are becoming rarer on the shelves of the local gaming stores, so I was glad to be able to buy new and old games off Steam now. Unfortunately, the two games which I most want right now - Crusader Kings 2 and Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - are scheduled for a 2012 release, but with date unknown.

So meanwhile, I spend my free evenings reading the third book in the Empire of the Moghul series; when the weather becomes drier, I will pick up my can of spray primer again...

2 comments:

Rodger said...

Good luck with your plans. I am trying not to make any, that way I can't fail!!

Luckyjoe said...

I loved Master of Orion II. I haven't played many new games at all. Probably newest is the release of Colonization and CIV 5.