Thursday, June 25, 2015

Boardgame Weekend


The school holidays allowed us to have four players for a session on Sunday, and we decided to play a few boardgames and have some durians too.

We started with a game of Space Cadets: Dice Duel - and of course the nature of that game prevented any photo-taking. The "real-time" nature of the game makes me think that it may be adapted to some sort of a team-based starship combat rules for a Star Trek type of RPG.

We then played Cthulhu Wars, which comes with massive figures in a massive box. Not being familiar with the Cthulhu Mythos, I am sure a lot of the references are lost on me - but the figures are really cool.

Finally, Adrian and I played a game of Warhammer Disk Wars. Despite the rather simplistic nature of the game, I was left with a feeling that perhaps it does produce a largely similar experience to what a miniatures game with the same number of units would have, minus all the dice-rolling. Adrian and I plan to try the Star Trek version of the game the coming Saturday. Stay tuned.

No comments: